by Glenn R. Swift
The Localecopia Meet & Greet on November 19 at The Breakers Palm Beach was, by far, the most well-attended event ever for this 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Over 40 tables of locally-produced products were on display for the hotels, restaurants, country clubs, schools and other like-minded attendees. Ryder, Inc. generously sponsored a snack and beverage station.
Introduced at the event were the 10 winners of the “The Chipotle Cultivate 10.” The Chipotle Marketing Team recognized all of the winning small farms with a presentation during the Meet & Greet. These winners were treated to lunch at The Breakers Palm Beach. Each winner will receive a certificate of recognition and have their yearly Localecopia membership paid for, as well as receiving additional promotion through the Chipotle Marketing Team outlets.
The 2014-2015 Chipotle Cultivate 10 Winners:
- Bruce’s Ghost Pepperz, Wellington, FL
- Abundant Harvests, Glen Saint Mary, FL
- Erickson Farms, Inc., Canal Point, FL
- Farming Systems Research/Green Cay Produce, Boynton Beach, FL
- Perez Farm, Inc., Loxahatchee, FL
- Grown Clean, Indiantown, FL
- Armando Rodriguez Farms, Inc., Hillsborough county, FL
- The Tomato Store, Indiantown, FL
- NK Lago Farms, Canal Point, FL
- Farmer Jay Pure Organics, Delray Beach, FL
For more information about Localecopica, please visit: www.localecopia.org.